Re: Was Seat adjustment, now WD40

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was Seat adjustment, now WD40
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:00:50 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/00 10:39:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DLancer7676@cs.com writes:

<< Lots of WD40 and let them soak in it for a while. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We must be going thru a transition period here.  Let me suggest that there
are other products that are better than WD40 for freeing stuck parts.  WD40
is good to squirt in your distributor cap to displace water on wet days, and
it is a pretty good light lubricant, but it washes off when wet.  I spray it
on my tools if I have to work in the  rain.

To loosten (loosen? Hmmm, got to get out my spel chekr.) stuck parts, the
best product is called Busty (www.hogwash.com  Wait till you see the label!)
and you can buy it from Ed (JustBrits@aol.com) Kaler, the infamous detractor
of the Spridgets list.  Next in line would be PB Blaster which is available
at most good auto parts stores and giant hardware megastores.

Save some time and give these products a try.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport