Clutch slave again

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch slave again
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:49:56 -0400
The 71 Midget had a bad clutch slave on it when I bought it. The groove
that held the snap ring was worn, and the plunger in the cylinder was
stuck in the engaged position with the seal being pushed partially
outside of the housing.The PO had a receipt showing it had been rebuilt
3 months earlier. I replaced the slave with a new one, less than 2
months ago. Tonight, the seal once again pushed out locking the plunger
in the engaged position again, this time causing damage to the clutch.
(I think the pressure plate is stuck) Is their a problem in the clutch
causing the problem with  the slave that I should be aware of, or did I
just happen to have some bad luck. (Or maybe good luck, gives me the
excuse to do the rebuild on the engine that I've been talking about
while I have it out replacing the clutch)

Bill Mantz.
Roanoke, Va.
1971 Midget (was daily driver until tonight)
1959 Bugeye (parts in the basement, body at the shop)
Back to driving 1995 F-150 4x4