Re: Sprite progress

To: Charles Sorkin <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite progress
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 21:11:04 -0400
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Charles Sorkin wrote:

> Got the new radiator installed in the Sprite this weekend, and discovered,
> while trying to flush the system, that the drain plug on the lower pipe is
> missing.   Grrrr.   Irritiatingly enough, the Moss catalog shows the drain
> plug as Not Available.  So what does this plug look like?  I'm assuming its
> supposed to be a regular bolt of some sort, but what size?  Anybody know
> where I could get a hold of one?

The drain plug id a standard 1/8" plumbing plug available just about
anywhere.
Any 3/8 by 24 bolt will work too with a bit of teflon tape on it but a
1/8 plug is correct. (I just went out and checked)

> And speaking of Moss,

I wasn't!

> On the positive side, I also managed to remove
> the entire interior with little problem.  It sure is easy to access the
> dashboard if you can sit directly on the car's floor.  Important question,
> though:  Why is there a rubber plug on the inside of the sills, about 8
> inches back from the jacking point?

These are for Waxoyl (sp) rust preventer. So you can squirt the stuff
inside the sills.

> Nevertheless, I couldn't figure out how to remove the guages.  Any hints on
> how to do so?

There are thunb nuts on the gauges, 1 on the fuel, 2 on all the others.
Theuy should come off by hand but some times pliers are neccessary if
rust got to the back of the gauges. A squirt of Busty helps too.
Once the nuts are off, remove the metal retaining bracket and with a
push and twist, pop them out of the dash.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ