Frozen Wheel Cylinders/Rear Hub Troubles

To: "Larry Cogan" <woodrat@spacey.net>
Subject: Frozen Wheel Cylinders/Rear Hub Troubles
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 22:37:55 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Hi Larry,

I have a proceedure for getting stuck pistons out of frozen wheel
cylinders.  Works for double or single cyls.  I take bleeder and grind off
the seating end, and cut off the other end so Now it looks kile a hollow
nut.  Tap the cut off top end to 1/4 28 SAE bolt size, screw a grease
fitting into it.  Thread it into the bleede hole and now put a grease gun
on it and pump away.  I've broken loose everyone I've needed to this way.
Cheap and simple.  With a double cyl., you get out one piston, clean out
the grease, cups and springs and you now have access to the second piston
to pound it out with a soft drift and a BFH.

Good luck, Paul A