C-Type

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: C-Type
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:37:04 EDT
Hi list,

Rorty sounding car just pulled up outside my house to........visit the guy
next door!!  Normally anyone that visits him is in some Eurobox crap with
loud boom, boom speakers, cheap body kit etc.

But today.

A full blooded original C type - oh they just left and I can still hear them,
hear them, hear them.

The car has a pair of 2" SUs with massive float chambers and is reputed to
put out 285 bhp - about what you would expect for a race cammed XK engine.

The tyres are skinny, warmer to the touch than I get the tyres on my car and
soft to the touch.

The car is supposed to be worth about half a million pounds.

MMMMMmmmmmm do you think the neigbour's friend will ring my doorbell to see
if want to go for a drive.  Sadly I doubt it so my all time top Jaguar
experience will have to be about 80mph in an XK150 (I think the C does 145 on
the clock).

Daniel1312, England