Re: Electric fan thermostat - update

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Electric fan thermostat - update
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:00:29 -0700
Cc: sprite list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have this thermostat installed and it works!
My temp gauge just broke, but when I let the car sit and idle, the fan
comes on.
I don't know if the fan is powerful enough to reduce the temp, but will
find out when I get a working temp gauge.

At first I had it wired to always be connected to the hot lead and have
the temp switch turn on the ground.  But I found that since the switch
is mounted so high in the radiator, as soon as the engine is shut down,
the hot water goes to the top of the radiator, then fan turns on and
keeps running almost for ever.  So I connected the hot lead to the
terminal in the fuse box that is switched buy the ignition switch and
all is fine.

In summary, the switch works (thanks Peter!) but I don't know yet if the
fan is powerful enough.

Ulix