Re: Dream machine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, bmantz@roanoke.infi.net
Subject: Re: Dream machine
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:18:29 -0700 (PDT)
Here's the easiest mods, that should give you the most for your $$.

-Maniflow LCB with 1.75" exhaust.
-Mildly port head (you can do this yourself with a die grinder, and Vizard's
book)
-Performance cam (266 or 276, anything more, and  you are looking a a rough
idle, and no 'bottom end' meaning you will always have to keep your RPM's up
for
power (not good on hills, and mountain roads, also makes the engine more prone
to overheating)
- A DCOE is cool, but unless you can find a good deal on a used one, can be
expensive. You can do just fine with a DCOE 40 for the street. '45 DCOE isn't
necessary unless you plan to 'race'.

I run a Kent 266 cam in my 1275, with a Dellorto DHLA 40 (simular to a DCOE),
Manifolw headers, and I mildly ported the head to improve 'breathing'. I am
very
satified with the power. I noticed that other cars with hotter cams, had a hard
time keeping up with me on mountain roads, since I had more bottom end torque,
and a wider power band, than the 'race cam' engines have. So keep in mind ,
what's 'hot' on the track, may not necessarily be good for sprited street
driving.

 - Bryan