Re: RE: Fw: spray paint for our cars - Try Tower Paints

To: Toby@intri-plex.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: Fw: spray paint for our cars - Try Tower Paints
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:14:21 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/00 3:18:56 PM, Toby@intri-plex.com writes:

<<
Does anybody know if "iris blue" used on the bugeye is the same color as
healey blue that some of the big healeys wear?>>

Toby,
No, no, no, no, and no!  I can't tell you what real "Healey Blue" is because
there are generally 459 shades of blue that everyone on the Healey list will
tell you is original Healey Blue.  However, you'll get almost 100 per cent
agreement that Healey Blue is a metallic color (yeah, I know, except for the
early cars that were a grayish (or greyish)blue non-metallic).  Iris Blue is
not that color and is non-metallic.  This is one case where a picture is
worth a 1000 words.  If you're interested in painting your car Healey Blue, I
can point you in the right direction.  If you're looking for Iris Blue (kind
of like a robin's egg blue) you'll have to find another Spridget lister with
that knowledge.

Rick
AN5 ("cherry red", which is really Jaguar "Regency Red" and also some '51
Ford pick-up
        red)
BJ7  (which I know is the "real" Healey Blue, because Donald told me so)
95 Z/28 (Bright Red, which is available from every paint company in the free
world)