Re: Tires for 71 Midget

To: Hlsinger@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tires for 71 Midget
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:13:38 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I'm happy with my Michelins.  THey stop well, and almost never slip in the
rain.  I really haven't stood on the brake pedal in the rain though.  I don't
recognize the name "Rainforce" but I believe they say MX4 on the sidewall.
They are 155R13's.

I did some REALLY amateur autocrossing with the car last year.  Actually it was
just a Gymkhana, but I was able to do alot of slaloming with the car without
sliding all over the place.

I'm quite happy with them.

Mike

Hlsinger@aol.com wrote:
>  I am new to the list in the last few days.  I have read through the
archives. I am thinking of having my tire dealer special order Michelin MX4
Rainforce 155R13s to replace the 15 year old Dunlops on the 71 Midget we just
bought.   The car will be my daughter's primary driver in all but snow and
ice.  Any negative comments from Michelin users?

Alex Holsinger
71 Midget
90 Montero
94 Explorer