advice on fuses

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: advice on fuses
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:02:10 EDT
We have a 1971 Midget with the four glass fuse fuseblock.   On the fuse block
there are no red wires attached to the 1-2 fuse holder.  There are two sets
of red wires attached to the 3-4 fuse holder.  The ratings on three of the
four fuses are unreadable.  The fourth is a 30 amp on 7-8 to accommodate
driving lights.  I think this may be too large for some of the smaller wiring
on that fuse.  I believe one set of the red wires from the 3-4 fuse belongs
on the 1-2 fuse.  Questions are:

What are the original fuse ratings for each of the four fuses without extras
such as driving lights installed?  No ratings given in the diagrams I have.

Does it matter which set of red wires is moved to the 1-2 fuse?  Which set
actually belongs there?  The manuals I have conflict on this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Alex Holsinger
1971 Midget
Tulsa, Oklahoma