Re: Sprite F/S

To: Bushwacker4@prodigy.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprite F/S
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 00:53:10 EDT
In a message dated 09/08/2000 3:47:01 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Bushwacker4@prodigy.net writes:

> Obviously the guy that spent $20,000 to restore this Sprite is not a member
>  of the "we tight" club. I don't know if it is possible to spend that much
>  doing a Sprite unless everything is gold plated.
>

>  http://specialcar.com/cfapps/ascar.cfm?ID=1220373
>
>  Kent

OK..I know I have the cheap CompUSA monitor, but doesn't the hood look like
it has ripples in it?

And yes I think it was the TR list that just went through the discussion of
how much you could spend.  With mechanics and body shops running $50-75 per
hour and most frame off (I KNOW WE DON'T HAVE FRAMES, BUT ITS JUST A TERM
OK?) restorations taking in excess of 2000 hours...you do the math.

Way easy to spend more than a Sprite is worth to anyone if you do a
"checkbook" restoration.

Brad, Liz, Fisher, and I were discussing this last week and someone made the
comment about how our cars were a bargain now, but will be worth more in the
future.

Maybe, but after thinking about it more, they may go the way of the Model T's
and start declining invalue as the owners with fond memories start dying off.
 Another 25 years and many of us may not be here to love Spridgets.

RH