HELP! 1275 Midget Reverse light switch needed!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: HELP! 1275 Midget Reverse light switch needed!
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 17:56:48 -0400
The subject says it all. I recently ordered one for my '71 Midget from Dick
Burger, and due to eyes crossing or something I ordered the one for the 1500
(Moss #542-400). Thankfully he is letting me return it, but he tells me that
the correct one (141-020) is no longer available from ANY of his suppliers.
Moss told him that the one I got should work, but it doesn't - it's a much
smaller diameter. I called Motorhead and they didn't have one around, but
are going to look for one for me. Does anyone on the list have one - new or
used? I think I can probably rig up something by mounting some kind of
switch near the gearshift, but I don't think this will be very satisfactory
long term. Or any other good solutions? I need something ASAP so I can get
the VA state safety inspection.

Thanks!

Eddie
1971 Midget