Re: Palo Alto Brit show

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Palo Alto Brit show
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 22:04:48 -0700
Agreed, the weather and show were really pretty good.  That polished
aluminum thing said "TR6 Special" but apart from that, I couldn't find
anything out about it.  For several years, each Palo Alto show looked like
the last, but for a change there were some cars I hadn't seen before at this
one.  I've never seen a Land Rover 101 Forward Control before and there were
2 of them there Sunday!

The drive (Scott Fisher's version) on Saturday went really well too, with
Rick and Carolyn, Gerard, John (part of the time), our two cars, and my
parent's Midget joining several others (Jensens, Alfas, TR8, Honda (yeah,
but their other car is a 289 Cobra!), etc.).  Everyone seemed to have a good
time, including my parents who had to return home with overheating problems
and return later in their Large British Car (Range Rover).  Our Sprite, with
its 4 wheel drum brakes, even did fine down Felton Empire Rd. -- including
an emergency stop half way down for an oncoming truck in the wrong lane!

All in all, a near perfect British Car weekend.  "Near perfect", because one
of my tires blew just short of home Saturday night.  Too many years of
Central Valley heat/sun seem to have taken their toll.  Need 5 new tires naw
-- Dunlop or Michelin .....  hmmmmmm?

Rich Hill
'58 AH Sprite
'79 MG Midget