Re: New List Member (NOW, no LBC content)

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: New List Member (NOW, no LBC content)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:50:14 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
The largest Boid in the house is a 9'-91/2' red tailed Boa Constrictor. She
primarily eats large rats but enjoys the occasional rabbit when finances permit.
I had a acquaintance that owned a Burmese Python that was about 3'-4' long and
occasionally got to roam outside the cage in the house. One day it had about 8"
of its body raised up looking around and the cat came up. Obviously thinking it
was a springy cat toy the cat proceeded to bat at the snakes head several times.
After about 3 or 4 hits the snake struck and bit the cat on the end of the nose,
end of playtime. Burmese Pythons are not good pets as they will reach 20' or
better in length and can eat large dogs and pigs. FWIW......................