Re: Song Title Needed (Some LBC)

To: michael.graziano@csfb.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Song Title Needed (Some LBC)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:55:05 EDT
In a message dated 9/18/00 2:28:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
michael.graziano@csfb.com writes:

<< Amongst the 7 of us there, no-one knew the
 title or Artist and no amount of web surfing helped. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Apparently, David Seville recorded on Liberty records.  The song, "Witch
Doctor" appeared on the album (remember those?) below, sung by Seville.
Probably 1962.  Web site is: http://www.bsnpubs.com/libertyc.html and I used
to have the song on a 45.  (That's a small record with a large hole, not a
gun.)  I was 12 at the time.

I also found the words on a site in the Netherlands.
http://www.rockabilly.nl/lyrics4/w0016.htm
I guess it's a big hit in the Netherlands.

Allen Hefner
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Avnet/Liberty

AV-5877 - Avnet Presents the Sound of Liberty - Various Artists [1962?]
Serenade in Blue - Si Zentner Orchestra & Johnny Mann Singers/Cry Me a River
- Julie London/Moonlight Becomes You - Pete King/Little Altar Boy - Vic
Dana/Fever - Unique Rhythms Of Richard Marino/The Alvin Twist -
Chipmunks/Carmen's Hoedown - Felix Slatkin//Hurt - Timi Yuro/In a Shanty in
Old Shanty Town - Johnny Mann Singers/Up a Lazy River - Si Zentner/Softly as
I Leave You - Matt Monro/Witch Doctor - David Seville/Green Eyes - 50 Guitars
of Tommy Garrett/Run To Him - Bobby Vee/Quiet Village - Martin Denny/Never on
Sunday - Julie London/Walk Don't Run - Ventures/Old Rivers - Walter Brennan