Re: Fun with Electrics! now Top Stretching

To: "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fun with Electrics! now Top Stretching
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:47:02 -0400
Mike:  In the bits and pieces that came with my Bugeye was a NIB Amco
tonneau.  Six years old, apparently.  It turned out to be about two
inches short in length and about 1/2 inch short in width.  Put it on
the driveway on a hot Florida summer (redundant?) day.  When it was
hot enough to burn my hands I "made it" fit using pliers and obscene
force.  As it cooled down it ripped out one of the snap posts from the
body and the center zipper seperated. It is still too short by the
same dimensions and still looks NIB cept for the zipper.  Good luck.
Larry.

Mike Maclean wrote:

Wednesday, September 20, 2000 1:29 AM

> ...... Last but not least, I tried to install the Amco top I got at
> British car swap meet a couple of years ago, brand new in the box.
It