Re: FW: 4-2-1 Exhaust Header

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Subject: Re: FW: 4-2-1 Exhaust Header
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 08:48:23 -0500
Cc: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Graziano, Michael" wrote:

> Quick re-cap
> 4-1 = highest peak power header design, but narrowest rpm band
> 4-2-1 = broader rpm band, but not as high a peak.  All other things equal
> Longer pipes = lower engine rpm power range
> longer collectors = better overall performance

        It's all true to the extent of my knowledge. Honda's new CBR-929RR
comes with a
valve in the exhaust that switches it from 4-2-1 to 4-1 at a certain rpm. The
best non-turbo rotary exhausts are made to specific port sizes.
        What I want to know is what frequency a 3-1 header with 45 degree
angles in the
"collector" is tuned at....

--
~

'87 RX-7 TII: 1/4 mile in 7.500 sec @ 120 mph
'90 GS-500E: 1/4 mile in 8.182 sec @ 110 mph
MCMLXIX Sprite: 1/4 mile is reputed to be possible.
University of West Florida
Electrical Engineering.

~