Re: Hot plugs / cold plugs

To: rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetspriteclub@listbot.com
Subject: Re: Hot plugs / cold plugs
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:29:56 EDT
A performance engine generally requires a colder plug.  EG once you bolt up
that supercharger you just purchased and the engine produces a lot more power
you may need to fit a colder (also known as harder) plug.  The down side to
colder plugs is that because they literally run colder they tend not to work
as well in low rpm usage when the engine is not working hard and can thus
suffer from excess deposits or get a bit wet (oily?) in slow city traffic
type driving.  That said, a sports coil usually restores the status quo.

Yes,  Champion and NGK do number heat ranges in opposite directions - not
sure about Bosch and others.

I think you have Vizard and other books that have some A-series specific data
in them.

Daniel1312