Thanks to all those who

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks to all those who
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:18:36 -0700
replied about my questions on the 1100cc motor and gearboxes a few days ago.

   I have bought the motor and have not decided what I will do with the
conversion plate for the B210 gearbox yet.  I have had offers of cash and
also of parts for that plate, sorry guys with the cash, I need the
parts.  If I go with a ribbed gearbox, I will contact the persons who
wanted it and go from there.  I would naturally prefer to go with the B210
gearbox but that might mean re-inventing the wheel and I am not sure I am
qualified to be doing design work.

   The biggest item for the gearbox decision, is that this car is a right
hand drive car and the Singer club has blueprints for converting the sprite
bellhousing/clutch mechanism to right hand drive and mechanical linkage.  I
assume that would not work with the B210 gearbox/clutch and that would mean
designing something for the hydraulics on the Singer, would be nicer to
have a hydraulic clutch though.  I also don't know if the B210 gearbox
would fix, although if it fits on the Sprite then I don't see why it would
not fit on the Singer.  It also means modifying the drive shaft...all these
little things add up but all are do-able.  Again, the goal is NO new holes
and no cutting/welding on the Singer.  Someday I may want to put in a
original motor when I find one.

   Last item is, many people questioned why not a 1275cc motor ?  Well the
original Singer motor was 972cc and some people in the club fear that a
1275cc motor might be too much for that rather flimsy 65 year old
frame.  One club member has a 948cc in his Singer and he says that already
has more power than the original 972cc 65 year old motor, I think the 1100
is just fine for me.  The goal is make this almost a daily driver, I live
in S. Cal where you can drive a roadster year around and not a performance
vehicle.  For performance, I drive a 6 cylinder 1934 Singer and for
reliability I drive my 53 Singer.  Too many Singer's not enough time :)

   Again, Thank You everyone who replied, I will keep my questions to a
minimum to keep this list on topic since I am partially off-topic...right
motor/wrong car.   The web site below will change this weekend with the
addition of the Stowe, Vt. British Invasion pictures which I attended last
weekend without car and also the Los Angeles Woodley park this coming
Sunday, just in case you are one that asked to be advised when I make changes.

        Thanks
        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/