Re: Magazines = facts?

To: "Jeffrey H. Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Magazines = facts?
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 10:46:08 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Jeff,

What increase in power?  The UK 1500 has 66hp, the 1275 (1967) has 65hp,
The US 1500 has 55 or 50hp, right?
But as it has been said, torque is what wins the drag race, the US 1500 has
67 ft-lb at 2500rpm, the 1275 has 72 ft-lb at 3000rpm.  The (probably)
fatter torque curve of the US 1500 has to make up for a reduction in hp and
the heavier car.

Ulix