Alternator fixed...

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator fixed...
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 14:27:28 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I've been at a geek-fest in Orlando all week and was happy to come home to a
repaired alternator.  Sho nuff, it was diode-related.  When I dropped it off
at the repair shop, the guy looked at me like I didn't know what I was
talking about when I said a diode was bad, so I proceeded to tell him what
the alternator light was doing.  He said "Oh...that must be a diode then."
heh heh...  Anyway, swapped it out this morning and the car started right up
and ran great after sitting for almost two weeks.  Of course, it immediately
started raining, so a test drive will have to wait.  Thanks for eveybody's
help diagnosing...

Adrian

PS  Wow! The 1500-1275 debate is going strong again...  I thought we settled
this a long time ago!  The GPM (grins per mile)are the same with any of
these motors...

J. Adrian Barnes
adrian@workgroup.net

http://www.midgetweb.com