Re: Oh Sh*^--P.S. to Trevor

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Oh Sh*^--P.S. to Trevor
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:24:20 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The Brooklands book I have is a summary of articles that appeared in Road &
Track magazines over a period of 1962 to 1980.  The June 1976 comparison of
the Midget 1500 against the Spitfire  (and X/19, MGB, and TR7):
Top Speed Midget 1500: 89 MPH (BL HP quote: 55.5/ torque 73 @2500 RPM)
                    Spitfire1500:  94 MPH (BL HP quote: 57.5/ torque 75
@2500 RPM...?)

In a September 1967 comparison:
Top Speed Midget 1275:  93 MPH
                     Spitfire 1300:  100 MPH
Still doesn't put the argument to rest, but Road & Track is a non-biased
source, and the tests were done with stock US spec vehicles
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon
70 Torino