Good trip, got a new car!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good trip, got a new car!
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:46:15 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
First, thank you fellow lister for the lead (Mgvadick).

Yesterday was a big day.  A friend and I latched up the same rental trailer
we used last year to bring the bugeye back from Simi Valley and headed for
Oakland to pick up a 1959 Morris Traveller.  My friend drove, my younger
daughter knitted in the middle seat and I sat sneezing with a cold.  We got
off the freeway right next to the Oakland Coleseum parking area in time to
smell the pre-game tailgate barbecues blazing away.  The Goodyear blimp is
circling overhead as we wind through the streets of the crack capital of the
bay area.  Wheeee.

After 10 blocks we're at the warehouse to pick up the Traveller.  This guy's
place is amazing!
He has both inside and out in various states of repair/decay the following:
9- Healey 100-4
3-Healey 3000s
2-bugeyes
2-MGA coupes
TR2,TR3's,TR4
other stuff I didn't recognize.  Tons of UOS parts (used old sh**) to fit
all of the above.

Half an hour later its loaded up and off we go for Davis.  We barely get two
blocks before a car pulls alongside and a guy yells "Cool car!" and gave
thumbs up.  My friend insisted he meant his Jeep truck, our tow vehicle.
Sure.

By now the Raider fans and their POs were all in at the game and we had an
easy trip back to town.  The Traveller is safe in the garage, SWMBO had
blessed the project and begun to bond with it, and its even started its
first little puddle of leaked fluid on the floor.

THis thing looks like it was used to deliver bran muffins and macrame
supplies in the Haight Ashbury.
Mother Earth, Peace, Split wood not atoms and a UCSB alumni sticker.  A
bright orange paint job and a custom plate that reads "UNKLFUD".  Can't wait
to see what I find under the floor mats besides rust.

The torched off spridget front end I had thrown into the deal turned out to
be a real bargain.  A pair of the upgrade springs, a tube shock conversion
kit , a heavy sway bar with Poly bushings and a pair of hubs with 7/16"
studs.  Pretty much a full upgrade for the bugeye front end for peanuts.
I've already done my hubs, so these are available for a lister gratis.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Traveller