Re: HS6

To: jgronberg@coxautomation.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS6
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:03:18 EDT
Hi Jon and List,

I am up to 4 responses about the HS6 carb now so here are more details for
the latecomers.  Remember - if fitting to a 1275 you need a MG Metro or Titan
manifold.  If fitting to a 1500 you need the Merryman conversion.

The HS6 carbs are left hand float bowl and you will need the spring and
needle changing to suit your application, engine tune, etc( I haven't checked
but guess it is jetted for the original 1800 'Landcrab').  Be sure to specify
AUD 524 because I guess other HS6 or rebuilt carbs will work out a whole lot
more expensive.

As far as I know there are no right hand carbs - or at least not at £25 but
they are a big carb dealer.

They have a web site www.carbex.demon.co.uk         e-mail:
sales@carbex.demon.co.uk

I paid by VISA the price you pay will include shipping which can be expensive
to the USA - if you purchase request surface/sea because it can work out a
lot cheaper.

In case you wanted the Merryman info as well, here it is.  Merryman
modifications are in the USA on (717) 633-6083 and do the single HS6 carb
conversion using the 1500 Stromberg single carb manifold.  Their engineering
is great but they need to get e-mail at least!!  They can set the carb for
stock or slightly tuned (eg if you run a K&N airfilter on the carb you will
get more power still and need a richer needle).  I think that this conversion
wipes the floor with any DGV carb conversion, at a whole lot cheaper price.

I rang Jack Merryman yesterday to tell him about the carbs so if you buy the
conversion from him I guess it will be simpler for him to supply a new carb
as well (eg if he buys bulk his shipping costs will be a lot cheaper).

Obviously on a 1500 a UK Spec twin HS4 or Weber DCOE conversion will produce
more power than the single HS6 but on a stock engine the difference isn't
going to be great while the price is.

If you speak to Jack Merryman tell him he really ought to get on e-mail.

Finally, sadly I have no financial interest, etc, etc

Daniel