Gas Tank Clogs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Gas Tank Clogs
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:19:57 -0700 (PDT)
I have a 1970 midget that's hasn't run in 10 years.
When I got a new battery and tried to start it up I
heard a clicking sound.  The sound was coming out of
the fuel pump(replaced) and I realized that no gas was
getting to the pump from the tank.  So I unscrewed the
line at the tank.  This did me little good because
there is more piping inside the tank.  My guess is
that this pipe goes down to the bottom of the tank and
then opens up. Since I can't get into the tank or even
get the electric fuel sender thing off I can't tell
where the clog is.  I also can't figure out how to
remove the clog.  I can't seem to find anyone with a
working air compressor to blow the clog out so I'm
kind of stuck.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

http://photos.yahoo.com/