Re: RE: LBCs in Boston?

To: MJohnson@cfworks.com, PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: RE: LBCs in Boston?
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:05:47 EDT
Cc: Toby@intri-plex.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/29/00 1:25:39 PM, MJohnson@cfworks.com writes:

<< Paul- you must have gone to the "Golden Banana"
then too, right?  If memory serves, that was in Revere, right?

    Careful Toby, they're trying to get you into the strip joints.  And it's
the Squire that's in Revere, the Golden Banana's  in Peabody.
     Start out with the Duck Tour to get your bearings.  It's like a Gray
Line done in a WWII amphib, you even get a dunk in the Charles River.  If you
want historical, take a walk on the Freedom Trail, you'll see all the sights
worth looking at.  Faneuil Market is a tourist trap that's been so widely
imitated across the country that it's lost its uniqueness.  Nevertheless, its
a good place to buy souvenirs with the word "Boston" on them.  Check out the
IMax theater at the Museum of Science.  Last I knew the movie was one shot
from the inside of an F16 and was billed to be as close as any of us will get
to flying in one.  I second the Union Oyster House, oldest restaurant in the
US and a great place to get oysters and clams in the raw.  Try any Legal
Seafoods, best and freshest seafood in town.  Walk through the North End,
pick an Italian restaurant and you'll be happy.  Catch of the Day on Hanover
St. is good, but it's hard to get a bad meal anywhere in the North End.
Finish up with pastry and cappuccino at Mike's Pastry on Hanover or the Cafe
Vittoria.  Drink Guinness in our Irish pubs.  I don't think there's a pub
left in Ireland that hasn't been dismantled and shipped to Boston.  You can't
swing a dead cat without hitting one. (mandatory cat content) McGann's on
Portland St. or the Grand Canal on Canal St. are a couple of good ones, with
plenty of Irish music and fair colleens from the old sod.  Don't bother
trying to rent an LBC, you'd just drive it into one of the thousands of
bottomless pits we've got with the Big Dig, the greatest public works project
since the pyramids.  If you like construction equipment you'll love Boston.
Email me off list and maybe we can share a pint.

Rick

Rick