Jaguar/LBC Purr-Inn, Litchfield CT

To: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Jaguar/LBC Purr-Inn, Litchfield CT
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 02:06:05 EDT
It could not have been a nicer day to take your LBC to the hills of Northwest
Connecticut for the CT Jaguar Club's annual show at the gorgeous Litchfield
Inn. Hosted by the Jaguar club, MG and Triumph folks were also encouraged to
attend.

Mine was only one of two Midgets on display at the show, the other being an
immaculate red chrome bumpered Midget driven up from New Jersey. It was
impressive. Otherwise, MG's were very well represented, with maybe a dozen or
so MGB's from all vintages, including a stunning GT, several MGA's and a
really good representation of T-series cars.

There were only a handful of TR-3's, 4's and 6's, as well as a couple
Spitfires, a pair of Austin Healy 3000's and a Jenson Interceptor.

Jaguar, being the host, had a good selection of cars, with maybe 20 E-Types,
a pair of gorgeous Mk V drophead coupes, XK's, and of course some XJ-S and
XJ-6's. Only one XK-8 attended. My personal favorite, far and away was a BRG
Jaguar C-Type. To date, I had only seen the car in pictures, but in person
the car is absolutely breathtaking.

For good measure a few Ferraris showed up, as well as some  Morgans, Rolls
Royces, and an older convertible Bentley.  119 cars overall, and I thought it
was a pretty good show.

The Litchfield Inn proved as an awesome backdrop for the show. The Jaguar
club hired a DJ, and we all enjoyed bratwurst sandwiches for lunch.
Curiously, beer was offered, but it was Beck's (I would have assumed Bass
would have been the logical choice).

All in all, a fun day-if any one else here went, let me know!

Tom
78 Midget