Fw: was bugeye photos now PenDot bashing

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: was bugeye photos now PenDot bashing
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:48:51 -0400
 As a born and raised Pennsylvanian let me give you some examples of the
 Gestapo State Police.  In the early 60s my 60 Bugeye was cited for not have
 a rear bumper.  The officer just couldn't or wouldn't believe that the 2
 rear uprights were all that BMC intended for this car to have.

BOB

When I was 16, I had a 1959 A-H 100-6. Bought it for $275. Needless to say,
it needed some work. I rebuilt the tranny and got it put back together.
Decided to test drive it before putting all the rest of the stuff back on
it. The front bumper was still off so it did not have a front license tag.

Got stopped a cited by a county mountie! Went over to my girlfriend's house
for the afternoon. On the way back, I got stopped by a state trooper. He
made me sit in his car, never told me why he stopped me and proceeded to
write a ticket. He handed me the pad, told me to sign the citation... I
asked him what it was for. He said for not having a front license tag!

I looked at him and said that he could not give me a ticket for not having a
front tag. In his most sarcastic voice, he says "WHY NOT?" I pull the other
ticket out of my shirt pocket, wave it in his face, and say "BECAUSE I
ALREADY GOT ONE!!!"

In Ohio they have to give you a chance to make the equipment repair before
they can recite you for the same thing.

Boy, was he cranked up. Ohio troopers DON'T void citations! He did a
roadside safety inspection looking for something to bag me on. When he got
to the turn signals (which didn't work) I used hand signals! LOL - he
couldn't have been any madder then. Never found anything he could write me
for.

Kent
1960 Bugeye