Re: paint baking temp/time

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: paint baking temp/time
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 19:43:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi, Rick -
I use Plastikote engine enamel (good to 500 degrees F) and bake the parts at
300 deg. F for an hour each coat (usually, 3 coats).   These figures are
just my personal preference, but I have found that they produce a durable
finish and I haven't had any further rusting of parts painted that way.
You could probably get away with a shorter baking time.

Steve Byers
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009 G
Havelock, NC USA