PoziDrive was Re: Torque wrench recommendations-2

To: <JustBrits@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: PoziDrive was Re: Torque wrench recommendations-2
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 00:26:31 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I know the set I have doesn't have PoziDrive. Does have Torx though which is
one reason why I bought the set - handy for my newer cars. I don't know if
they make PoziDrive or not - I'll check next time I'm there. The local
Wal-Mart is one of the most poorly stocked ones I've seen, through, so I
don't really expect to find any there.

So far I've been lucky and the only screws I've had to deal with have been
in very low-torque areas (signal light lenses and such) and using a regular
philips worked fine - never approached enough force to even offer to cam or
round out. And a fair number of those screws aren't PoziDrive anymore
anyway. Rusty, cruddy looking things so I replaced a bunch of them with
stainless steel ones from Home Depot.

But thanks for mentioning that. I'll have to pick some up.

Eddie
1971 Midget