Miata Trip (Kinda Long With No LBC)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miata Trip (Kinda Long With No LBC)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:20:45 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Sandi and I survived the Miata trip from Virginia to Colorado. 2500 miles,
2400 with the top down. About 200 miles on the Interstates and the other
2300 on secondary roads. The eight year old Miata ran perfectly and averaged
about 35 MPG for the trip. It rained twice, both times at night, and the
days were near perfect convertible weather, even in Texas and New Mexico.

I confess that after we stopped in the evenings and cleaned up, we put the
top up until we hit the road again the next morning. Any running around that
we did at night was with the top up since we had no tonnau and had stuff in
the car. We had things stuffed in every nook and cranny in the whole car. I
think a Bugeye trunk is larger, just harder to access.

The most beautiful country we drove through was the area between Boone NC
and Johnson City TN.

The most interesting side trip was a tour of Sun Records in Memphis. Our
younger listers may not understand the significance of this place but I'm
sure most of you older ones do.

We made a few side trips and a lot of stops along the way. Unfortunately we
did not get to visit all of the people on the list that offered. We did meet
up with Adrian along with David C. and his wife in Knoxville TN for dinner,
a few glasses of beer, and lots of Spridget talk. As usual, Spridget people
are the best.

Outside of David's Midget we only saw one Spridget the whole 2500 miles. It
was an early side curtain Sprite in a mini-bone yard on hiway 82 in Northern
Texas. It looked to be mostly there. If anyone in Northern Texas is
interested in exactly where it was, let me know and I will check my notes
tonight and let you know.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com