Re: New Italian Car

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Italian Car
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:06:45 EDT
In a message dated 10/17/2000 7:52:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
millerls@ado13.com writes:

<<  Qvale Mangusta parked near the security trailer. It is a Ford
 powered Italian job. I was told that DeTomaso has something to do with it.

 Anybody know anything about this car?

 There is a Qvale race car that runs in the ALMS and I know that Kjell Qvale
 had a hand in the design of Laguna Seca and was the first MG dealer in
 Northern California.

 I've never heard of them producing a street car though.

 So far a web search has not turned up anything on this particular car.

 Larry Miller >>

I don't know anything about the Qvale connection, but the DeTomaso Mangusta
was one cool car.  Saw my first, and only parked at a returant outside Love
Field in Dallas in the late 60's...Four college students on the way in to
have a late breakfast hangover cure and we stopped to give it a look see and
drool wash.

Road and Track tested one.  I seem to remember something about cruising at
120 MPH in Nevada and having a Porsche 911 catch up and flash it's headlights
to pass, so they dropped it into 3rd gear and left the Porsche behind.  Top
speed was over 170 I beleive.

One more dream car.  351 Ford Cleveland if memory serves.

RH