Re: Crank discussions

To: "spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crank discussions
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:02:25 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
All,

With the current discussions re turning a crank I have the
following question;
I acquired a 1275 crank which shows signs that it has been
recently worked on.
The rod journals mike out at 1.6259 (actually 1.626) which
according to the manuals the upper end of stock, however the
mains mike at 2.0015.  Stock manual measurements state 2.0005 to
2.0010, can I run it as is, being .0005 under with stock
bearings, or should I have it turned down to 10 thousands under?
I am at the point of having it and the fly wheel worked on and
need advice.  Thanks,
Biff Jones
Pasadena, MD
'59 Bugeye, "Kermit'