Re: Tensile strength of bolts in re: Torque

To: rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net, DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Tensile strength of bolts in re: Torque
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:18:58 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/18/2000 2:59:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net writes:

<< Nice book on the subject by some guy called  Carrol Shelby >>

Thanks Rob.  Likewise, if you can secure a copy of Bowman Technical Series,
Fastener Facts from the Bowman Fastener Co. in Cleveland, OH, I am sure you
will find it fascinating.  It is not just a flyer but a nicely done and
easily readable book on the subject.  There is a lot of information in there
that clearly outlines how most of us probably abuse our bolts and nuts, even
new ones when we install them.

--David C.