Turn indicators

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Turn indicators
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:19:18 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Toby's messages reminded me to ask this one.
I think that the flasher unit
(definition: the-little-metal-box-thingie-in-the
wiring-harness-that-automatically-switches-the-turn-indicator-bulb-cir
cuits-on-and-off)
contains either a capacitor or a bi-metal strip.
Either way, for modern traffic conditions the flashing of the turn
indicator lights is a bit lazy for my liking, when compared to modern
cars.  For safety reasons I would like a set up that responded more
instantly to the indicator stalk switch, with a sharper on /off cycle.
I guess that modern cars use some sort of electronic control circuit.
Anyone know if there is a circuit that can be built and incorporated
in place of the standard flasher unit?

Guy