Re: Austin America?

To: Brad Pace <britclas@WorldShare.net>
Subject: Re: Austin America?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 20:46:19 -0500
Cc: "Kent J. Miller" <Bushwacker4@prodigy.net>, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Brad Pace wrote:

>         I am rather of the opinion that the car in question is an
> Austin America 1300.

ALL Austin Americas sold in the US were 1275s (1300s) Before that they
were MG 1100s (1098s) There may have been a very few Austin 1100s but I
am not aware of any. My father had an 1970 Austin America, it was a nice
car until the hydro-spastic suspenion took a crap so he junked it around
75.
5 years old, that ended his love affair with British cars. He had a Nash
Healey, TR3, TR4A-IRS, and a Sprite which I bought off him (my first)
when he bought the AA. Then he bought a Mopar and once again he tried
small cars, he bought a chevy chovette and once again it was in the junk
yard with 2 payments still owed on it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ