Wanna Drive a Bugeye Coast-to-Coast?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Wanna Drive a Bugeye Coast-to-Coast?
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 12:54:00 -0800 (PST)
OK team,

This is one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities knocking (or is that
noise we hear just low-octane gas?).  Anyway, there is a Bugeye Sprite in
southern California -- San Diego to be specific -- that wants to be here in
Tampa, Florida.  There are only a couple of ways to get it here: pay to have
it transported (kinda expensive), tow it (no fun), or drive it.  I don't
have the time to drive it out here myself, so I wonder if any of you-all
might be interested in a road trip?

I've made many coast-to-coast drives in Healeys, and it has always been an
adventure.  I wish I had the time to make this trip myself, but I just
absolutely do not have the necessary vacation time available.  I'll pay for
the gas (and oil, if necessary) and we can work out some kind of split on
lodging costs, and we can negotiate other terms as needed.

The car has a fresh 1275 cc engine, front disc brakes, upgraded rear drums
brakes, a factory hardtop and a few spares that need to brought along.

So, anyone feeling lucky?  I'm in no hurry so the timeframe is not too
important.  Potentially this could even wait until after the holidays.  The
weather stays nice along the southern tier of the country pretty much
throughout the winter, so weather should not be a factor.

Call now, operators are standing by!  Your adventure awaits!

Cheers,
Reid Trummel
Tampa, Florida
'56 BN2 100M