Re: Weber DGV jets - Tuning article on line -links

To: spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Weber DGV jets - Tuning article on line -links
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:11:09 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/1/00 9:25:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spritenut@exit109.com writes:

> The A series has only 2 intake ports. From info I have gathered in the
>  past, this is the problem. many DGV converters went back to dual SUs
>  because they worked better.

  I've read the same thing in a book on Webers by John Passini.  The siamesed
intake design doesn't allow the fuel to vaporize correctly and causes an
apparent weak mixture and corresponding flat spot.  In fact, the effect is
supposed to be worse with DCOE's.  I was hoping to eliminate this with the
DGV.

Marty