Re: Ice And ABS (NO LBC)

To: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ice And ABS (NO LBC)
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 22:05:15 -0800
Larry
No change to normal driving.  In slippery conditions, a light foot on the
pedal with plenty of room to slow gradually, just like normal,   In panic
stops, however, do not pump the brakes.  Slam them on hard and the ABS will
do the pumping for you, only much faster, i.e. 7-10 times per second.  Your
front wheels will not lock up and you will be able to maintain steering
control.  In many instances the stopping distance will actually be longer
due to ABS, the main benefit being instead of sliding uncontrollably into
the car in front of you, you will be able to steer off the road.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon
70 Torino