Re: Piston to bore clearance

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Piston to bore clearance
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 20:42:28 -0000
hmm piston slap.  a real bummer!   it did not go away when it heated up huh?
there were a lot of older(lots older) cars that had piston slap when cold
but upon heating up (causing piston to expand in bore) they quieted up and
ran just fine.

how badly scored are the bores or piston sides?  inquiring
minds.................(allen you can jump in here any time! lol!).

chuck.
i'm taking a garage break tonight!  resting up for a big day tomorrow!  lol.
:)