Bolt drilling jig, lock/safety wiring and stuff

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bolt drilling jig, lock/safety wiring and stuff
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:02:41 EST
Cc: PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com
Hi List,

My bolt drilling jig arrived in the post today.  It is a Tuck Jones
Engineering drilling jig though it seems he retired a while back and a
company named Binyon Machine Works makes the same jig (but without his name
on).  In tracking down the company I want to thank Paul Asgeirsson for his
help - I think I even spoke to Tuck Jones at one point at his home address
(Paul obtained the number for me)  He seemed quite surprised to be speaking
to someone from England ringing him (though it turns out 2pm in England is
6am in California - guess I'm used to ringing east coat & mid west!).

The jig cost me US $50 and US $6.36 shipping which actually works out cheaper
on the part itself AND postage than I could buy someone elses jig for in the
UK.  So, I'm quite pleased.

Now to the questions (chuck?).  What is the recommended way to chamfer the
ends of the hole after it has been drilled (hole is 1/16")?  When drilling AN
or NAS bolts do you use ordinary drill bits or cobalt?  Anything else I need
to know (I'm fairly new to all of this) like do you use a dab of grease in
the hole after drilling it?

1312