Re: Body Problem

To: William M Walters <billwalters2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Body Problem
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 21:02:25 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
William M Walters wrote:

> OK folks, can some one give me the benefit of their knowledge.  The
> Problem:  '59 Bugeye with bad frame in front / '73 Mk III with good frame
> but bad sheetmetal.  Is it easier to cut the front frame from the Mk III
> and scab it to the '59, orrrrrr cut tbe bugeye body from the '59 and
> attach it to the '73?

This is a tough call on you part. I have a friend who has a 1977 Bugeye.
He put the back and front of a bugeye on a 77 rubber bumper midget. He
still has a fold down top and roll up windows.

When you say bad frame, is it rusted out? I think it would be much
easier to cut the frame off the 73 and have it professionally welded to
the Bugeye.
If it is bent upwards, don't worry, it is supposed to look like that.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ