Re: Carb float adjustment

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Carb float adjustment
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 22:29:13 -0600
Cc: ryan marro <ryan_marro@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
  I have to take issue with this statement.  Shimming the needle and
seat assembly is  done to adjust the fuel level in the bowl alright but
it assumes the float valve doesn't leak.  Carb overflowing occurs
because the valve won't close.  You can't adjust the level until you
find and correct the problem.

  Cheers,

  CR

David Ramsey wrote:

> I thought everybody knew that to adjust the float level on the later SU's
> with the plastic floats, you use spacer washers of the required thickness to
> shim the "jet housing" to the body of the carb. .... If your flooding you use
>a thicker washer.

 SNIP