Re: British Pie!

Subject: Re: British Pie!
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:26:22 -0600
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry Macy wrote:

> Well his calculations are correct for the displacement/swept volume,
> whatever.
>
> However, the capacity of the engine, here 1274.8, is not the same thing.
> The capacity is measured as total volume, not the displacement.
>
> I used to think that was the right way too. I read a tech article a
> couple years ago, where the exact same question was asked. Only on a
> different engine. Where the calculated displacement was less than the
> stated size.
>
> The answer is, that the manufactor states CC in total volume, not
> displacement. If you do this calculation on any number of engines you
> will find the same dicrepency.
>
> Larry

        What you're saying is that the total combustion volume, then, is 1.7cc.
Divided
by 4 gives 0.425cc per cylinder, and a compression ratio of 748:1. That's a nice
number for a Ducati [displacement], but I'd hate to buy the fuel that motor
burns.
~

'87 RX-7 TII: Live fast.
'90 GS-500E: Die young.
MCMLXIX Sprite: And leave an exquisite corpse.
If God dropped acid, would he see people?

~