** New Mail List **

To: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: ** New Mail List **
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:28:28 -0800 (PST)
Cc: AHCUSA@autox.team.net
Hi all,

I'm very happy to announce a new membership benefit -- an innovation in
staff-member communications -- for all members of the Austin-Healey Club
USA.  We have just created a new mail list, similar to the "healeys" and
"spridgets" lists, exclusively for club members.  This new list will provide
an additional means of communication between the club staff and members.  It
will serve as a medium for announcements and information related to club
business and club benefits, and as a forum for discussion of club affairs.

This new list will IN NO WAY compete with, or duplicate the functions of,
the healeys and spridgets lists.

The new list will:

-- Serve as a means to make announcements related to club business and
benefits, such as making an advance announcement of the availability of a
new book, or the re-stocking of club regalia, or a sale on club merchandise.

-- Serve as a means for members to pose questions to the staff about club
policy, operations and functions.

-- Serve as a means for club staff to contact members to take a sample poll
of member opinions on various matters related to the club.

-- Serve as a means to inform interested members about Board meetings and
decisions on club business matters.

-- Serve as a means to take discussions of club business off the healeys and
spridgets lists, where not everyone is a member and many are not interested
in those matters.

The new list will NOT:

-- Serve as a forum for discussing matters that belong on the healeys and
spridgets lists, such as tech questions and parts searches.  Anyone posing
that type of question on the club list will be invited to pose the question
or request on the healeys and/or spridgets list(s) to keep those lists the
vital, valuable, "non-denominational" resources that they are.

ALL MEMBERS of the Austin-Healey Club USA are invited and strongly
encouraged to join the new list.  Message volume will be very, very low
compared to the healeys and spridgets lists, so it will definitely not fill
up anyone's email in-box.  You may also elect to receive the new list in
"digest" form.

To subscribe to the new AHCUSA list you merely visit a web site and fill in
and submit an electronic form located there.  You will then be notified via
email within a day or two when you have been added to the AHCUSA Mail List
(unless of course you are not a member in which case you will receive a
message inviting you to join; the list is open only to dues-paying members
and Lifetime Members).

The sign-up form is located here:

We hope that all AHCUSA members will visit this web site and sign up for
this new, free mail list.  We believe that this innovation in staff-member
communications has great potential and further demonstrates our commitment
to serving the members, our fellow enthusiasts.  Welcome to the "virtual
club meeting"!

Cheers,
Reid Trummel
President, Austin-Healey Club USA