1275 ribcase

To: Bill Mantz <bmantz@infi.net>
Subject: 1275 ribcase
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 00:59:20 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Bill,

That sounds about like a normal amount of clearance.  The single
plunger/pin you speak of on the first gear ring as it sets on it's base,
should be in a cut out tooth of the 1st gear ring.  If it is not, you wil
not get it into 2nd gear.

This pin is an interlock so it won't overshift in 1st gear.  Pin should not
be worn to shorten it length.

Paul A

FROM:   Bill Mantz, INTERNET:bmantz at infi.net
TO:     "spridgets@autox.team.net", INTERNET:spridgets@autox.team.net
DATE:   11/10/00 9:47 PM

Re:     1275 ribcase

After reassembling  the mainshaft for the 1275 ribcase, I noticed
approx. .120 play between first gear and the mainshaft bearing. This
seems to compare with the other mainshaft I have. Is this normal? Also,
just to make sure, the manual doesn't show any spring used with the
single plunger in first gear, is this also correct. Lastly, does anyone
know of a supplier for the locktabs for the first motion shaft and
mainshaft?
Thanks!
Bill Mantz
Roanoke, Va.