** New Mail List ** (Reminder)

To: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: ** New Mail List ** (Reminder)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:08:40 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

Since announcing the new Austin-Healey Club USA Mail List just three days
ago, we have already had over 60 people sign up!  That's really great and
we're looking forward to kicking off the discussion there very soon.
Therefore I just wanted to send a brief reminder to any AHCUSA members on
these lists who intend to sign up, but had not yet done so, to please sign
up soon.  Just go to this website to sign up:

Thanks!

Cheers,
Reid

>  Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:28:28 -0800 (PST)
>  From: Reid Trummel <AHCUSA@excite.com>
>  To: healeys@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
>  Subject: ** New Mail List **
>  Cc: AHCUSA@vitesse.team.net
>
>  Hi all,
>
>  I'm very happy to announce a new membership benefit -- an innovation in
>  staff-member communications -- for all members of the Austin-Healey Club
>  USA.  We have just created a new mail list, similar to the "healeys" and
>  "spridgets" lists, exclusively for club members.  This new list will
provide
>  an additional means of communication between the club staff and members.
It
>  will serve as a medium for announcements and information related to club
>  business and club benefits, and as a forum for discussion of club
affairs.

>  This new list will IN NO WAY compete with, or duplicate the functions of,
>  the healeys and spridgets lists.
>
>  The new list will:
>
>  -- Serve as a means to make announcements related to club business and
>  benefits, such as making an advance announcement of the availability of a
>  new book, or the re-stocking of club regalia, or a sale on club
merchandise.

>  -- Serve as a means for members to pose questions to the staff about club
>  policy, operations and functions.
>
>  -- Serve as a means for club staff to contact members to take a sample
poll
>  of member opinions on various matters related to the club.
>
>  -- Serve as a means to inform interested members about Board meetings and
>  decisions on club business matters.
>
>  -- Serve as a means to take discussions of club business off the healeys
and
>  spridgets lists, where not everyone is a member and many are not
interested
>  in those matters.
>
>  The new list will NOT:
>
>  -- Serve as a forum for discussing matters that belong on the healeys and
>  spridgets lists, such as tech questions and parts searches.  Anyone
posing
>  that type of question on the club list will be invited to pose the
question
>  or request on the healeys and/or spridgets list(s) to keep those lists
the
>  vital, valuable, "non-denominational" resources that they are.
>
>  ALL MEMBERS of the Austin-Healey Club USA are invited and strongly
>  encouraged to join the new list.  Message volume will be very, very low
>  compared to the healeys and spridgets lists, so it will definitely not
fill
>  up anyone's email in-box.  You may also elect to receive the new list in
>  "digest" form.
>
>  To subscribe to the new AHCUSA list you merely visit a web site and fill
in
>  and submit an electronic form located there.  You will then be notified
via
>  email within a day or two when you have been added to the AHCUSA Mail
List