Amps?

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetspriteclub@listbot.com>
Subject: Amps?
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:44:37 -0000
Rewing the car from scratch.  Sorted the wiring for the (illegal?) 130watt
headlamps but am still uncertain of the rating of the wires for things like
the tail lights and the fuel pump etc.  What rating fuses should I use for
each item?  Since the original cars used 17 amp cont/35 blow fuses for
everything, can I assume the fuse is there to protect a 'standard gauge
wire'?  Is there written anywhere the current draw for all of the wiring on
a Spridget?  I've never seen one of these 'Bentley' books.  Does it have
anything relevant in it?  You might be interested to know that the late 1500
loom has 44 amp main beam wiring whilst the earlier cars have only 28 amp
wires.  I've upgraded all of the wiring for the headlamps to 66 amps through
relays and have crimped AND soldered every terminal.  "Do it once, do it
right".
Bought it all in kit form from those nice people at V.W.P.
 sales@vehicleproduct.co.uk  ) and saved about 20% over the prices at
Europa/ Minispares etc.  Really helpful people too!