Re: help...

To: scott putnam <ultrawildcat@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: help...
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:56:17 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
scott putnam wrote:

> could somebody help the new guy out and tell me how to access the
> archive,and once ive accessed how to find something useful therein....this
> latest thread about the datsun 5 speed conversion has me thinking,and we all
> know a little thinking is a dangerous thing.....

Trouble is you have a 77 Midget with a 1500cc engine.  The Datsun
conversion is for the 1275 Spridgets.  There is a conversion for the
1500cc and it is done by Frontline.  The US distributor is John
Black (I think?).  Search the archive for waterloo and follow the
link to his web site.  This conversion uses a Ford T9 transmission.
People like it but it is pricey.  Check with John for the real
scoop.  You can also go with a Spitfire OD ala Trevor.  Check his
web page for details.  If money was no object, or if I am spending
yours, I would go with the Frontline kit.

Gilroy