Re: rubbish was Re: torque

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Subject: Re: rubbish was Re: torque
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 09:56:42 -0500
Cc: Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@home.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Nolan Penney wrote:

> Remember too, the more precisely you tune the runners, the peakier the
>performance.  This
> is why a well set up two stroke with tightly tuned expansion chambers has
>gobs of power,
> but in a very narrow range.  Out of that range, and the engine can't peel the
>skin off a
> grape.

My brother in-law races karts and one of the tricks they use is on their
2 stroke engines is an adjustable exhaust cone.  There is a cable that
is mounted on the steering wheel that the driver can use to lengthen or
shorten the exhaust cone depending on engine speed.  Anything to go
faster :-)

Gilroy